5 Şubat 2012 Pazar

Personal Connection

Don't mess with a woman! It's not important which century is it.
I love Katherine Barlow. She is an idol for me in this book.

  • Ok. Who is she?
She is the Green Lake's only school teacher. She is full of knowledge and full of life. The children love her. She is just wonderful. She makes the most delicious spiced peaches.

           Green Lake = "heaven on earth"
           Miss KB's spiced peaches = "food for the angels"

  • Why did I say "Don't mess with a woman" ?
She teaches classes in the evening for adults and many of them loved her because she is very pretty.There is a man in the town, who called Trout Walker (Charles). He is stupid and disrespectful but he is the richest man in the town. That's why he thinks that Katherine will marry him. But she doesn't like him. She actually loves Sam, the onion man. He has a onion field and his onions are special. They are good for health, they make you better when you are sick. But also Sam always fixes something for Katherine. After a while they are fall in love with each other. And one day he kisses her.





So far everything seems ok. But the thing is Sam is a Negro and it's against the law for a Negro to kiss a white woman. Because of that a mob of men and women destroy the schoolhouse. When Katherine goes to sheriff to ask for help, he wants to kiss her. Nobody helps her and they kill Sam.

Three days after Sam's death, she shoots the sheriff then she kisses him. For the next twenty years she is one of the most feared outlaws in all West as Kissin' Kate Barlow.





  • Why is she an idol for me?
Well, first of all she is powerful. She wants revenge and she took Sam's revenge with a savagely way.
I have to confess that in the past I also did something similar to this. A b*stard pissed me off and I got my revenge. It was very satisfactory. Long story short I have a kind of special connection with her. It is easy to forgive people you like, but it's hard to forgive someone, who has betrayed you or hurt you deeply.

  • If I were in her shoes, ...
I think, she did well with choosing to be bad girl. But if I were in her shoes, I would spend all the money, which I stole. And maybe I would get revenge in a different way. I wouldn't kill or rob innocent men. I would just destroy the Green Lake and kill the guilty people. Then I would leave.


     That's her story. I just can say that revenge is a dish best served cold. But Sam won't come back to her whatever she does.

"You, and your children, and their children, can dig for the next hundred years and you'll never find it."
 (510 Words)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder